1. 9 out of every 1,000 computers are infected with spam.
2. 160 billion emails are sent daily, 97% of which are spam.
3. Spammer get 1 response to every 12 million emails they send (yet it still makes them a small profit)
4. A twillionaire is a twitterer with a million or more followers.
5. There are more than 4 billion mobile phones in use and 3 million are sold every day.
6. The first known cell phone virus, Cabir.A, appeared in 2004.
7. Since 2008, video games have outsold movie DVDs.
8. Amazon sells more e-books than printed books.
9. Facebook has 500 million registered users, about 100 million less than QQ.
10. About 1.8 billion people connect to the internet, 450 million of them speak English.
11. One Google search produces about 0.2 g of Carbon Dioxide. But since we hardly get an answer from one Google search, a single search session produces the same amount of Carbon Dioxide as does boiling a kettle.
12. Google handles about 1 billion search queries per day, releasing some 200 tons of Carbon Dioxide per day.
13. The average US household uses 10.6 megawatt-hours (MWh) electricity per year.
14. About 20% of the videos on YouTube are music related.
15. A 2000 model Game Boy had more computing power than the entire system used to put Neil Armstrong on the Moon in 1969.
16. The first photo camera took 8 hours to take a photo, during which you would need to remain still.
17. The very first YouTube video was uploaded on April 23rd 2005.
18. The world’s first one gigabyte disk drive was announced in 1980. It weighed 550 pounds and had a price tag of $40,000.
19. The QWERTY keyboard layout is 134 years old.
20. If you opened up the case of the original Macintosh, you will find 47 signatures, one for each member of Apple’s Macintosh division as of 1982.
21. The first computer bug wasn’t software related. It was actually a moth trapped in the hardware of the computer,
22. The Dvorak keyboard was scientifically engineered and proven to be more human friendly than the QWERTY keyboard.
23. The original inventor of the mouse received a dime from his patent.
24. On average, US onliners view 100 videos per month each.
25. 24 hours of video viewing is uploaded every minute on YouTube.